Soma, one of the FDA approved pain relief medication used for treating pain or injuries in muscles. It is considered as the best muscle relaxer and prescribed to patients which block the pain sensations that are experienced between your nerves and the brain. Soma is prescribed for short-term as a muscle relaxant. It works well with proper rest and physical therapy. Carisoprodol is the generic Soma which works same as the brand version.
How does Soma work on your body?
Soma, a muscle relaxant works on your body at the (CNS) Central nervous systems that stop the pain sensations across your nerves and brain. This, in turn, makes your muscles feel relaxed.
Proper use of Soma:
This pain relief medication should be taken as instructed by your doctors. Follow the Soma dosage and treatment duration that are prescribed to you. It should swallow wholly without breaking it into pieces, crushing or chewing it. As Soma, is considered as the habit-forming medication misuse of it will lead drug addiction, overdosing of it than prescribed level and can lead to adverse side effects or life-threatening health issues.
Prescribed Soma dose:
The normal Soma dose that is recommended to take is 250 mg or 350 mg. The maximum duration of treatment varies from 2 to 3 weeks. However, the treatment prescribed for individual purely depends upon various factors such as their level of pain, how severe the condition, how the medication react on their body and also their age, gender etc.
It is supplied and available to patients with Soma 250 mg and 350 mg round and white tablets. Tablets are supplied to patients in the bottle. Medicine should be properly stored at a controlled room temperature.
Things to know before taking Soma:
- Inform your doctor about all your health history and the medicine that you are currently taking this prevents the interaction of drugs.
- Avoid taking Soma if you are pregnant or feeding the newborn baby. This medicine can affect the baby.
- Tell your physician if you suffer from a disease in liver or kidney or a history of seizures.
- This medication is not approved to take for anyone younger than 18 years of old. It is only recommended for adults to take.
- Tell your healthcare professionals if you have previously suffered from an allergic reaction.
- Check for the medication that interacts with Soma this prevents effects that you are experiencing
What are the side effects of Soma?
Some of the common side effects of Soma are:
Other side effects include:
- chest pain
- cold sweats
- A cough
- loss of bladder control
- muscle spasm or jerking of all extremities
- painful or difficult urination
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- sudden loss of consciousness
- swollen glands
Adverse side effects:
- Confusion on your mind
- Experience severe dizziness
- trouble in breathing
- rash, itching/swelling
- serious allergic reaction
- Stiffness of muscle
- A weakness of muscle on your arms and legs
- Muscle spasm
- Experience tightness in your muscle
- Tiredness or weakness in your body
In case, if you find these effects your body you should immediately inform your doctors regarding the side effects. This prevents you from experiencing the adverse effect of the medication. These are general effects that are experienced by people. You may feel side effects that are not mentioned in the list.